Chicago’s Original Boutique Hotel
Gilded in Chicago's treasured Gold Coast, Ambassador Chicago is the city's original boutique hotel bringing dating back to 1926. Nestled amid the elegant mansions within the city's vibrant heart, our hotel has hosted luminaries like David Bowie, Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor, and Frank Sinatra. Soak in incredible views of Lake Michigan and enjoy easy access to Chicago's main shopping boulevard, Michigan Avenue.
experience an icon
experience an icon
reviewsALL REVIEWSabout reviews
- What are check-in and check-out times?
- Check-In: 3:00 PM
- Check-Out: 12:00 PM
- Is the Ambassador Chicago pet-friendly and are there any pet restrictions? Leashed dogs are welcome at Ambassador Chicago. Guests may bring up to two pets with a combined weight of no more than 50 lbs. A non-refundable pet fee of $75 will be applied to your stay. Service animals are exempt from fees. Food and water bowls are available.
- What is a Destination Fee and what does it cover? A daily destination fee of $17.00 (subject to change) is applied to each room of your stay in order to provide the following services and amenities, which enhance the guest experience. Please contact the hotel directly for more information.
- Daily cup of La Colombe brewed coffee or assorted hot teas in The Library from 6:30am – 11:00am
- Premium high-speed Wi-Fi
- Fitbod app for customized workouts
- Unlimited local & 800 calls
- Access to exclusive discounts at Gold Coast neighborhood boutiques, spas and fitness studios
- Society of Architectural Historians Museum/tour discounts
- Discounts and customized PAWesome experience package at Tails in the City-swanky supply store for cats and dogs
- Use of Shinola bicycles
- Priority access to Luxe Dog Nanny concierge services
- Does the Ambassador Chicago offer guest parking? We offer valet parking with unlimited in-out privileges for $62 per night. There are self-park options within a two block walk of our hotel. These options do not allow in-out privileges. Our team is happy to assist you in finding the best option to suit your needs.
- Is smoking allowed at Ambassador Chicago? No, to ensure the comfort of all of our guests we are a smoke-free property. There is no smoking in any of our guest rooms, suites, event venues, lobby, or restaurants and bars.